- SHC and Liquid Technology Team Up to Give NJ Students a Boost to Start the School Year September 15, 2021
For the past five years, SHC has filled backpacks with donated supplies, distributing them to local children in need at the start of each school year. Working together with the Boys & Girls Clubs and local food banks, the backpacks include essential items like pens and pencils, notebooks, folders and glue sticks. But this year, more than 100 of those backpacks will include an exciting surprise – a laptop! The gently used laptops, donated by Summit Health, were collected and securely wiped by Liquid Technology.
- Summit Health Announces Changes To Charitable Foundation August 10, 2021
Summit Health announced Monday that Summit Medical Group Foundation and CityMD Cares have merged to form Summit Health Cares, an organization that, like its predecessors, is designed to improve access to healthcare for underserved communities.
- Summit Health Cares bolsters charitable mission August 10, 2021
Former Summit Medical Group Foundation unveils new name
Under its new name, Summit Health Cares, the former Summit Medical Group Foundation will expand its geographic reach to include the greater New York metropolitan area and Central Oregon, in the surrounding areas where it provides health care.
- SMGF Partners with Boys & Girls Clubs in New Jersey and L’Oréal for Launch of Enright Sun Safety Course July 23, 2021
It’s never too early—or too late—to learn about the potential damage that the sun can do, and what you can do to prevent it. That’s the impetus behind the Enright Sun Safety Course™ introduced this week by Summit Medical Group Foundation (SMGF). This engaging, informative online program for ages five and over emphasizes that proper skin care and protection from the sun should start early, and that it should be top-of-mind for everyone, not only as a “summer thing,” but every day, every season, all year long.
- SMGF Survey Reveals COVID-19 Vaccine Concerns May 20, 2021
With the need for local evidence and the desire to truly understand and respond to community needs, SMGF funded a Vaccine Hesitancy Study to better understand COVID-19 vaccine attitudes among the Black and Latinx communities they serve that are experiencing poverty and are disproportionately impacted by the virus.
- SMGF Studies Vaccine Acceptance and Uptake May 17, 2021
Vaccine rollout in the United States in January 2021 marked hope for relief to the impact of the COVID-19 virus on our well-being. Recovery hinges on vaccination uptake among all populations. However, initial data from six surveys conducted in summer 2020 seemed to indicate the potential for lower uptake among Black and Latinx communities across the United States.
- SMGF 2021 Next Generation Scholarship Open May 14, 2021
Summit Medical Group Foundation announces Next Generation Scholarship for 2021.
- Julienne Cherry Tapped to Lead Summit Medical Group Foundation February 25, 2021
Summit Medical Group Foundation announces Julienne Cherry as the new Executive Director to lead the organization. Cherry joins Summit Medical Group Foundation (SMGF) with more than 20 years of experience as a nonprofit director working within underserved communities. She officially began her new role on January 19, 2021.
- Broadway Stars Come Together for Hilarious Hygiene Video June 21, 2020
Ever sing the ABC song while washing your hands to ensure you’ve sanitized for long enough? The original cast of Broadway’s Legally Blonde – The Musical created a better ditty to sing in their PSA reminding people how to properly sanitize during COVID-19. This video helped raise funds for SMGF’s COVID-19 Relief Fund. Bravo to our Broadway friends!
- Steve Adubato Highlights Our Food, Health, Hope Diabetes Program April 16, 2020
Steve Adubato goes on-location to the Father English Food Pantry in Paterson to speak with Director of Food Pantries, Carlos Roldan; Development Director Chris Brancato; the CEO of the Community FoodBank Carlos Rodriguez; and our very own Anna Trautwein, Clinical Director of Programs to discuss how FHH is helping to combat diabetes by providing free medical screenings, healthy food and diabetes education to change behaviors.
- Laura Bell Bundy & More to Sing for Broadway Beats Hunger (Odds & Ends) Copy April 16, 2020
A talented lineup of stars will take part in Broadway Beats Hunger, a charity event set for December 4 at 7:00pm at Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn, NJ.
- Face masks and phone calls: Warren volunteers rise to pandemic’s challenges April 1, 2020
Masks are to be distributed to Summit Medical Group employees away from the front lines, hospital patients not infected with COVID-19 who want extra protection, and food pantry workers across the region.
- “Broadway Rocks Cancer” Concert January 28, 2020
Broadway’s brightest stars will take the stage for an inspiring evening of holiday classics to benefit the Summit Medical Group Foundation’s Patient-in-Need Fund.
- “Broadway Rocks Cancer” Concert to Benefit Summit Medical Group Foundation – Oregon January 28, 2020
The evening will be hosted by Tommy Bracco (of CBS Big Brother Competition, Pretty Woman and Newsies).
- Shining Stars of the Great White Way to Light up Broadway Rocks Cancer at SOPAC November 4, 2019
- “Broadway Rocks Cancer” Concert to Benefit Summit Medical Group Foundation – New Jersey November 4, 2019
Join 20+ shining Broadway stars for an inspiring concert to benefit Summit Medical Group Foundation’s Cancer Comfort Project.
- Creature Comfort Pet Therapy dogs bring cancer patients joy during chemo treatment July 19, 2019
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey (WABC) — Heather O’Rourke, Eyewitness News’ morning traffic anchor, is warming hearts around New Jersey with her four-legged sidekick, Rocco.
- Great White Way coming to Paper Mill to fight diabetes December 5, 2018
On Monday the Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn will host its second annual Broadway Beats Hunger event. All proceeds from the event – featuring Broadway’s own – will go directly to Food, Health and Hope: An Answer to Diabetes, a joint initiative between Summit Medical Group Foundation and Community FoodBank of New Jersey.
- The Provident Bank Foundation Awards Major Grant to SMGF August 29, 2018
The Provident Bank Foundation has announced the recipients of its Second Cycle 2018 Major Grants, and SMGF is proud to make the list!
- SMGF Receives $100,000 Grant From The Horizon Foundation For New Jersey August 28, 2018
The Summit Medical Group Foundation has received a $100,000 grant from The Horizon Foundation for New Jersey to support Food, Health and Hope: An Answer to Diabetes (FHH Diabetes), a collaborative program with The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ). FHH Diabetes focuses on reducing the impact of diabetes in New Jersey urban municipalities in Essex, Passaic and Union counties, where adults with diabetes account for up to 10.6 percent of the population.
- AMA Foundation Awards Summit Medical Group Foundation $50,000 to Fight Diabetes August 14, 2018
Summit Medical Group Foundation has received a $50,000 grant from the American Medical Association Foundation to fund its Food, Health and Hope: An Answer to Diabetes, or FHH Diabetes, initiative.
- Seth Meyers Attends SMGF’s 5th Annual Gala & Auction June 25, 2018
Seth Meyers, host of NBC’s Late Night with Seth Meyers, was recently a special guest at Summit Medical Group Foundation’s (SMGF) 5th Annual Gala & Auction where a record-breaking $1.35 million was raised.
- SMGF Gala Raises $1.35M June 25, 2018
SMGF’s Annual Gala & Auction raises critical funds to ensure the Foundation can continue to offer access to high-quality care, education and mentorship without the burden of cost to the disadvantaged. Seth Meyers, host of NBC’s “Late Night with Seth Meyers,” was recently a special guest at Summit Medical Group Foundation’s (SMGF) fifth Annual Gala & Auction, where a record-breaking $1.35 million was raised.
- Seth Meyers to appear at Summit Medical Group Foundation Gala April 14, 2018
Summit Medical Group Foundation (SMGF) is pleased to unveil details about their Fifth Annual Gala and Auction on Saturday, May 12, at 6 p.m. at The Grove, 691 Pompton Ave. in Cedar Grove. Established in 2013 by Summit Medical Group (SMG), the largest and oldest physician-owned multi-specialty medical practice in New Jersey, the Foundation is dedicated to offering free wellness screenings to neighbors in need, mentorship programs to medical students and scholarships to students pursing careers in medicine.
- Broadway Beats Hunger Benefit in Millburn November 28, 2017
Summit Medical Group Foundation (SMGF), in partnership with the Community FoodBank of New Jersey, has announced the inaugural Broadway Beats Hunger holiday performance to benefit the “Food, Health and Hope: An Answer to Diabetes” initiative and broaden awareness about the direct link between access to nutritious food and this widespread health epidemic in New Jersey.
- Star Studded Broadway Beats Hunger Charity Performance at Paper Mill Playhouse on December 4 November 27, 2017
Summit Medical Group Foundation (SMGF), in partnership with the Community FoodBank of New Jersey, is proud to announce the inaugural Broadway Beats Hunger holiday performance to benefit the “Food, Health and Hope: An Answer to Diabetes” initiative and broaden awareness about the direct link between access to nutritious food and this widespread health epidemic in New Jersey.
- New York Giants’ Great, Justin Tuck, Helps Turkey Drive November 17, 2017
New York Giants great Justin Tuck joined the Summit Medical Group Foundation to collect turkeys for residents in need the Friday before Thanksgiving.