Located on the 2nd Floor of the Summit Health Cancer Center in Florham Park, the foundation’s Resource Center is a multi-purpose space serving many needs, with the main goal of providing support so that no one has to face cancer alone. “They make me smile and feel important,” expressed a patient who recently was made aware of needed community resources. “It’s nice to know how much people care.”
The Resource Center is available Monday-Friday so that cancer patients and their families can:
- Meet one-on-one with a patient resource navigator, Monica Cotton, to find info. about wellness and resource organizations, community resources, support groups and programs tailored to the needs of the patient and their family.
- Browse a wall full of cancer resources and literature to learn about resources, such as free rides to treatment, support organizations, caregiver information and financial assistance.
- Log in to check emails or print insurance forms from one of our computers, or just access the internet.
- Sign up for and experience programs such as yoga, Pilates, Jin Shin Jyutsu, Qigong, meditation, healing circle and other treatments and classes.
- Take a class about nutrition or receive beautician services.
- Help yourself to reading materials, pillows, head scarves, hats and other comforts.
- Take a moment of respite from the day while gazing at the relaxing pond and landscape vista below.